You have options on how you will handle this unique moment in your personal history. Will you rise above?
- While in quarantine during the 1667’s Great Plague of London, John Milton wrote Paradise Lost.
- The apostle Paul wrote part of the New Testament while under house arrest.
- During the bubonic plague in 1605, Shakespeare used his time in quarantine to write the classics King Lear, Macbeth and Antony and Cleopatra
- In 1665, Cambridge University closed its doors because of the Bubonic plague. Isaac Newton decided to use this time wisely, developed the beginning of calculus, and discovered gravity while in quarantine.
- Pilgrim’s Progress was written by John Bunyan during his 12 years in prison ending in 1672.
We all need to follow what our public safety officials are telling us.
As I look around I see that many are getting a handle on this pandemic. While its economic effects may be felt for months and years to come, our isolation will not. How long we have to stay apart is dependent on how well we cooperate now and stay distant physically.
Here’s a challenge for you.
I want to challenge you to think of ways you can contribute and rise to the occasion. It doesn’t have to be something worthy of a Good Morning America feature. But finding something to do can be helpful as well as emotionally and spiritually lifting. Write a children’s book, compose a song, plant a garden and share, build/create/sew using your talents. We’ve decided to offer free haircuts to our neighbors and friends.
What we are doing.
One thing Joni and I have decided to do is to offer free front porch haircuts to people in our community. These free ‘Flowbee‘ haircuts will meet a need and create a wonderful memory for a Father and son outing.
We invite you to create a memory.
If you live in the area and want to schedule a free FPH, fill out the form below. The day you request must be a sunny day. We will have all the equipment on the front porch, thoroughly sanitized and ready to go. Here is the simple instructions. Bring the whole family. All ages are welcome. Remember to watch the instructional video. There is no need for us to help you. You stay perfectly isolated and all the surface areas are thoroughly sanitized in between each use..This form is currently undergoing maintenance. Please try again later.